#PutOnASwimsuit | With Blogger Champagne & Polka Dots October 07 2016
You may remember that not long ago we hosted a fun and interactive pool party, where we teamed with influencers and bloggers to encourage women to embrace their bodies, enjoy the summer, and to #putonaswimsuit. One of those bloggers was Jenna - aka Champagne & Polka Dots. Jenna is a St. Louis-area fashion and lifestyle blogger who was a not only a delight to work with, her blogger alias fit perfectly with our neutral polka dot print swim separates!
Jenna gave us some insight into the day-in-the-life of a blogger, her beach day essentials, and what joining #putonaswimsuit means to her.
- What inspired you to start your blog? My absolute love for fashion and getting dressed every day. If you look good, you feel good. Which is why I enjoy piecing together outfits for the day ahead and sharing them with others to help with someone else's self-confidence and inspire their #ootd. I would also really love to open my own shop someday, and I thought this would a great way to get my name and style out there before opening a storefront or online boutique.
- What is the overall focus of your blog or Instagram feed? My overall focus is elevating everyday pieces for the woman that wants to dress stylishly but spend consciously. I believe versatility is key in the items you keep in your closet and it's so fun to re-imagine ordinary pieces and put them to use in unexpected ways.
- What is your "day job"? I work for my family's material handling manufacturing company, as the Marketing Manager. I work with my husband, dad, uncle, two brothers, and then two hundred other people! My mother is my best friend and I am lucky to be an auntie to eight awesome nieces and nephews! Also, my husband and I are puppy parents to a Doodle named Gus. He's a big 70-pound, puppy fur ball that thinks he's really a lap dog.
- The phone app I can't live without is... Google maps! I am always lost. No sense of direction here...
- What are your beach must-have essentials? A great big beach bag, lots of SPF, sunnies and a sun hat! I have fair skin and burn easily, so if I do not apply at least 30 SPF every couple hours, you can count on me being a lobster.
- What is your favorite vacation destination? The Florida keys. It is so incredibly laid back and low-key on nearly every island, which makes it so easy to relax. It's a no-makeup, messy hair and swimsuit every-day kind of place, which I love. I also love boating and scuba diving and you just cant beat the water conditions there!
If you could bring your Lori Coulter swimsuit anywhere in the world, where would it be? The French Polynesian! My husband and I have a trip planned to Moorea in a few weeks and I can't wait to relax, hang on the beach and get in the crystal blue waters. We have been planning it for months now and I can't believe it's nearly here. :)
- How would you encourage women to #putonaswimsuit? Everyone has their own insecurities, but life is too short to not jump in and enjoy it with others around you! Swimsuits don't have to be a scary situation when they are properly fitted and accentuate your best features. You just gotta know what works best for your body and own it. Also, a great sarong always looks chic!
- What is one quote that represents or inspires you? Life is too short to let your insecurities keep you from enjoying life.